Firefox Beta is the latest cutting edge version of Firefox where users can previews what's coming in the next versions of Firefox. Users can expect performance improvements as well as some under-the-hood changes for developers. Firefox Beta doesn't usually add many new major features, but continues the steady development of the browser. Note that because it is beta, you may find it unstable or that it does not work with certain add-ons.
- For full details of this update, please check here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/beta/releasenotes/
- NEW: A set of new improvements to the Firefox user interface (learn more).
- NEW: An interactive onboarding tour to guide users through new changes.
- NEW: A redesigned and improved customization mode.
- NEW: The ability to set up Firefox Sync by creating a Firefox account (learn more).
- NEW: Gamepad API finalized and enabled (learn more).
- CHANGED: navigator.plugins is no longer enumerable, for user privacy.
- DEVELOPER: ‘box-sizing’ (dropping the -moz- prefix) implemented.
- DEVELOPER: SharedWorker enabled by default.
- DEVELOPER: CSS3 variables implemented.
- DEVELOPER: input type=number enabled.
- DEVELOPER: input type=color implemented and enabled.
- DEVELOPER: Promises enabled by default.
- DEVELOPER: Console object available in Web Workers.
- DEVELOPER: Add-on bar has been removed, content moved to navigation bar.
- DEVELOPER: Enabled ECMAScript Internationalization API.
- FIXED: Echo cancellation on apprtc.appspot.com fails (974537).